Great Start Granola
- 200g Maple syrup
- 100g Meridian crunchy peanut butter
- 50g Unsalted butter
- 300g Porridge Oats, Jumbo work best
- 100g whole Almonds
- 80g Pumpkin seeds
- 200g Chopped Apricots
- 2tsp Mixed Spice
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas 4. In a bowl combine the Oats, almonds, seeds and spice.
- In a small pan, over a gentle heat melt the peanut butter, butter and maple syrup together stirring to break up any clumps of peanut butter. Then drizzle it over the dry ingredients stirring well till everything is coated and starting to stick together.
- Tip onto a large baking tray and bake for 20 mins stirring well half way through. When donestir in the apricots while still hot and press the granola down with the back of a spoon to help it clump together as it cools. Once cool store in an airtight container for 3-4 weeks.
Choose any combination of nuts, seeds and dried fruit you like.
Great Start Granola by Alison Clarkson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at http://alisons.kitchen/index.php/recipes/great-start-granola/.