How to make Venison Sausage and Lentils
This is a recipe that I’ve changed and adapted over the years, but this is it’s best incarnation. The combination of good quality Venison sausages and red wine makes for a beautifully rich and satisfying dish but one that’s not too heavy. As we come into game season it will be on the menu at home quite regularly.
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Red Onion, sliced
- 1carrot diced
- 100g Lardons
- 500g Puy Lentils
- 1 large clove Garlic, squished with the side of a knife
- 6 Venison Sausages
- 100ml Red wine
- 50 ml water
- bunch of flat leaf Parsley chopped
- In a heavy based frying pan brown the sausages then set aside
- Heat a little oil and add the bruised garlic, onion and carrot & lardons.
- Cook for a few minutes then add the sausages. Throw in the wine and water and let bubble up. Add the lentils and cover the pan, either with a lid or tin foil and cook for about 15 minutes. Season to taste and stir in the parsley.
Venison Sausage and Lentils by Alison Clarkson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at http://alisons.kitchen/index.php/recipes/venison-sausage-and-lentils/.