Peanut butter and date muesli bars
- 100g self raising flour
- 300g porridge oats
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 100g mixed seeds
- 125g chopped dates
- 50g unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1 apple grated (skin included)
- 100g Smooth Meridian peanut butter
- 150g unsalted butter
- 150g honey
- Heat the oven to 170C/150C Fan/ Gas 3. Line a 20cm x 30cm baking tin with greaseproof paper. In a large bowl combine the flour, oats, coconut, seeds, dates and peanuts.
- Heat the peanut butter, butter and honey in a saucepan. Stir well as it melts together. Once it?s melted and loose, remove from the heat and add the apple.
- Tip the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Tip into the baking tin and press out to the edges and corners. Use the back of a spoon to compact the mixture.
- Cook for 20-25mins until it turns golden on top. Let it cool in the tin then cut into 25 bars and store in an airtight tin.
Use a pizza wheel to cut the bars up easily
Peanut butter and date muesli bars by Alison Clarkson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at http://alisons.kitchen/index.php/recipes/peanut-butter-and-date-muesli-bars/.